Thursday, July 11, 2013

What's for Dinner?


Hello friends!
Today's post is based on what I had for dinner last night... Lettuce wrapped - carne asada (beef) - pinto bean tacos! I love making myself tacos because they're super easy to make and I don't feel guilty after eating them lol. I believe that the best alternative to tortillas is romaine lettuce. I know, I know, romaine lettuce ain't got nothing on tortillas! BUT in times where you want to loose weight and watch what you eat, you must replace them with something else. I love making these kind of tacos because to me, it tastes just as good as if I were having tacos with tortillas. So here's how to make them... 
Grab your romaine lettuce, take out 2 good leaves (avoid ones with holes, you don't want your taco to fall apart!), and wash them...
Grab a decent size portion of carne asada... mine was about as big as my entire hand... 
 Grab your tongs and knife, and begin to chop it up into smaller pieces...
 I had some pinto beans from a few days ago so I heated up about 1 cup... Usually I'll use black beans because they're healthier so if you can, get black beans instead!  
Finally, lay your beans on the romaine lettuce leaves then add the chopped carne asada! I also had some chile that my mom had freshly made and decided to add that too! 
 
Remember to keep your portions small, whether you decide to use beef or chicken. Feel free to add avocado or fresh salsa of your choice! Hope you get to try it out and enjoy! 

- Carolina


No comments:

Post a Comment